Public Innovative ICT Based Employment Services Success Factors
This chapter discusses two systems in the employment services in Lombardy and in Catalonia aimed at providing a relevant eGovernment function to citizens and companies. The cases are the Borsa Lavoro Lombardia (BLL) Portal and the Catalan Services to Employment (SOC) Portal. By analyzing their features we show the differences in the use of ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) and in the employment policies. Although ICT in its innovative forms (service technologies, communications means, etc.) can provide enhanced functions, these are far from being a true improvement of government activities in both Countries. Our experience in National and in EU Projects allows us to outline a comparison between the Italian and the Catalan systems, which operate on very similar economic and social areas.
Keywordse-Employment Job marketplaces Web portals Federative collaboration Social impacts eGovernment
We thank M. Cesarini and M. Mezzanzanica for ideas in this chapter.
- 10.Mezzanzanica, M., Lovaglio, P. (2008) Numeri al lavoro. Il sistema statistico del mercato del lavoro: metodologie e modelli di analisi. Quaderni dell’Osservatorio Mercato Del Lavoro 3, Franco Angeli.Google Scholar
- 11.Cesarini, M., Fugini, M., Maggiolini, P., Mezzanzanica, M., Salvador Vallès, R. (2009) The neglected problem: How to really Benchmark the effectiveness of ICT based services? A case study. Proceedings of 14th Conference Association Information and Management, (pp. 1–9). Marrakech.Google Scholar
- 12.Servei d’Ocupació de Catalunya (2011) Employment service report 2010. Generalitat de Catalunya.Google Scholar
- 13.Eurostat 2012, General and regional statistics. Regional labour market statistics. Employment by full-time/part-time and sex, at NUTS levels 1 and 2, Statistical Office of the European Communities. http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/statistics_explained/index.php/Unemployment_statistics.
- 14.Celino, I., Cerizza, D., Cesarini, M., Della Valle, E., de Paoli, F., Estublier, J., Fugini, M.G., Gómez Pérez, A., Kerrigan, M., Guarrera, P., Mezzanzanica, M., Ramìrez, J., Villazon, B., Zhao, G. (2010). SEEMP: A networked marketplace for employment services, semantic technologies for e-government: A European perspective, Part 2 (pp. 151–183). Springer, Heidelberg.Google Scholar