How Small and Medium Healthcare Assistance Structures Should Leverage Cloud Computing Technology for Optimizing Their Processes and Reducing Costs
Cloud Computing is becoming the most famous buzz term in the IT world. It is causing a high level of expectation for Quality Of Life improvements that may derive from its wide usage on more human activities. In the near future, also IT in the healthcare scenarios should deal with Cloud Computing. However for hospitals, medical centers, healthcare assistance structures it is not easy at all to deploy all services on cloud due to the Security and Private constrains. Looking at efforts recently pursued from World Wide IT standardization boards, a markable convergence on cloud standards is noticed, thus for encouraging the cloud adoptions in many fields. We strongly believe even the healthcare contexts might benefit of clouds. This chapter represents the description of a first approach of Cloud Resources utilization in the context of e-Health management. In particular a real use case is described where to provide basic solutions easily applicable in more similar scenarios.
Keywordse-Health Cloud computing Datacenter optimization Medical cares
- 1.Buccoliero, L., Nasi, G., & Caccia, C. (2005). E-health.Google Scholar
- 2.Eisenhardt, K. (1989). Making fast strategic decision in high velocity, environments.Google Scholar
- 3.Kerkhove, D. (2009). In M. Moruzzi (ed.), E-health e fascicolo sanitario elettronico.Google Scholar
- 4.Fazio, M., Paone, M., Puliafito, A., & Villari, M. (2012, March). Huge amount of heterogeneous sensed data needs the cloud. In: 9th International Multi-Conference on Systems, Signals and Devices.Google Scholar
- 5.Solution, G. H. (2012, January). Public Google Health site www.google.com/health/.
- 6.Solution, M. H. (2012, June). Public HealthVault site http://www.healthvault.com/personal/index.aspx
- 7.Yin, R. (1981). The case study crisis: Some answers.Google Scholar
- 8.Yin, R. (1984). The case study research.Google Scholar
- 9.Glaser, B., & Strauss, A. (1967). The discovery of grounded theory: Strategies of qualitative research.Google Scholar
- 10.Fabio, B., Corradi, A., & Foschini, L. (2012). Database security management for healthcare saas in the amazon aws cloud.Google Scholar
- 11.Pandey, S., Voorsluys, W., Niu, S., Khandoker, A., & Buyya, R. (2011, June). An autonomic cloud environment for hosting ecg data analysis services. Future Generation Computer Systems, 55(6).Google Scholar
- 12.Fazio, M., Paone, M., Puliafito, A., & Villari, M. (2012, July). Heterogeneous sensors become homogeneous things in smart cities. In 2012 Sixth International Conference on Innovative Mobile and Internet Services in Ubiquitous Computing (IMIS).Google Scholar
- 13.Antonio, J. J., Pablo, L., David, F., Benito, ò., Miguel, A. Z., & Antonio, F. S. (2012, July). Interaction of patients with breathing problems through nfc in ambient assisted living, environments.Google Scholar