Effects of Networking Activities by Internet on the Creation of a Business Network: Experimental Results of Simulimpresa Laboratory
The chapter wants to discuss the results of network building activities realized by Internet in the experimental environment of “Simulimpresa” (Enterprise Simulation) laboratory managed by Bologna University—Forlì campus. The research analyses the networking of the simulated enterprise Perting Ltd operating in Forlì laboratory that reproduces the activities of a real business using Internet. The hypothesis concerns the consolidation of strong links coming from a rising selection as the business continuity over the time increases. The results outline that this process, in the analysed period, leads to the consolidation of some links that set up the more relevant framework of the enterprise business network.
KeywordsInternet Practice firm Simulation Networking Customers/suppliers
- 1.Mielke, R. (1999). Applications for enterprise simulation. In P. A. Farrington, H. B. Nembhard, D. T. Sturrock & G. W. Evans (Eds.), Proceedings of the 1999 Winter Simulation Conference, (pp. 1–6).Google Scholar
- 4.Gallagher, K. P., Hosack, B. (2009). The role of strategy in the evolution and innovation of information systems: a simulation experiment. In S. Newell, E. Whitley, N. Pouloudi, J. Wareham & L. Mathiassen (Eds.), A Globalising world: Challenges, ethics and practices information systems, The 17th European Conference on Information Systems. www.ecis2009.it.
- 5.Giesen, E., Ketter, W., & Zuidwijk, R. (2009). An agent—based approach to improving resource allocation in the dutch youth health care sector. In S. Newell, E. Whitley, N. Pouloudi, J. Wareham & L. Mathiassen (Eds.), A Globalising world: challenges, ethics and practices information systems, The 17th European Conference on Information Systems. www.ecis2009.it.
- 6.Schoenemann, N., Fischbach, K., & Schoder, D. (2009). P2P architecture for ubiquitous supply chain system. In S. Newell, E. Whitley, N. Pouloudi, J. Wareham & L. Mathiassen (Eds.), A Globalising world: challenges, ethics and practices information systems, The 17th European Conference on Information Systems. www.ecis2009.it.
- 7.Heller, R. (2006). Intellectual capital: Management now has to take care of not one but three varieties of intellectual capital. In E. Bono & R. Heller (Eds.), Thinking managers, http://www.thinckingmanagers.com.
- 8.Barzanti, L., Bianchi, M. (2002). Stabilizzazione delle relazioni interaziendali e apprendimento organizzativo. Paper presented to International Symposium on Learning Management and Technology Development in the Information and Internet Age. The convergent paths of Public and Private Organizations, University of Bologna, Forlì campus, 21th–22th Nov.Google Scholar
- 9.Gualdi, D. (2001). L’impresa simulata. Varese: Paravia Bruno Mondadori.Google Scholar
- 10.Moore, A. (2004). The challenge of the practice firm: Simulating a business environment in the UAE Fourth European GIS Education Seminar, Villach, Austria 02nd–05th Sep.Google Scholar