Brief Encounters with a Random Key Graph
Random key graphs, also called uniform random intersection graphs, have been used for modeling a variety of different applications since their introduction in wireless sensor networks. In this paper, we review some of their recent applications and suggest several new ones, under the full visibility assumption; i.e., under the assumption that all nodes are within communication range of each other. We also suggest further research in determining the connectivity properties of random key graphs when limited visibility is more realistic; e.g., graph nodes can communicate only with a subset of other nodes due to range restrictions or link failures.
KeywordsSensor Network Wireless Sensor Network Mobile Node Hash Function Recommender System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Eschenauer, L., Gligor, V.D.: A Key-Management Scheme for Distributed Sensor Networks. In: 9th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, Alexandria, VA (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Goehardt, E., Jaworski, J., Rybarczyk, K.: Random Intersection Graphs and Classification. In: Lens, H.J., Decker, R. (eds.) Studies in Classification, Data Analysis, and Knowledge Organization, vol. 33, pp. 67–74. Springer, Berlin (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Blackburn, S.R., Stinson, D.R., Upadhyay, J.: On the Complexity of the Herding Attack and Some Related Attacks on Hash Functions. Report 2010/030 (2010), http://eprint.iacr.org/
- 6.Yağan, O., Makowski, A.: On the Random Graph Induced by a Random Key Predistribution Scheme under Full Visibility. In: IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, Toronto, ON (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Yağan, O., Makowski, A.: Zero-One Laws for Connectivity in Random Key Graphs. Technical Report, Institute for Systems Research, University of Maryland (February 2009)Google Scholar
- 9.Di Pietro, R., Mancini, L.V., Mei, A., Panconesi, A., Radhakrishnan, J.: Redoubtable Sensor Networks. ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC) 11(3) (March 2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Wendlandt, D., Andersen, D., Perrig, A.: Perspectives: Improving SSH-style Host Authentication with Multi-Path Probing. In: USENIX Annual Technical Conference (June 2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Rybarczyk, K.: Diameter, Connectivity, and Phase Transition of the Uniform Random Intersection Graph. Submitted to Discrete Mathematics (July 2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Yağan, O., Makowski, A.: Random Key Graphs? - Can They Be Small Worlds? In: International Conference on Networks & Communications, pp. 313–318 (2009)Google Scholar