Use of Time-Scale for Analysis of Data Source Traffic
In this paper, we consider the model of server traffic when the traffic is separated into several streams. The amount of transferred data differs for different streams. Based on real traffic measurements we proposed the server traffic model where traffic of every stream is described by the same independent processes, but each process has its own time scale. We show that for traffic analysis as well as for developing of the most effective methods of control of this traffic, it is necessary to correctly identify the time scale for each stream, as well as the time scale of traffic fluctuations those have a significant effect to QoS.
Keywordscommunication system traffic mathematical model time scale self-similar Poisson arrival process
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Cerqueira, E., Zeadally, S., Leszczuk, M., Curado, M., Mauthe, A.: Recent advances in multimedia networking. In: Multimedia Tools Appl., pp. 635–647 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.ITU-T Recommendation Y.1541. Network performance objectives for IP-based services (February 2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Titov, I.: Characteristics of the data flows generated by a Web-server. T-Comm - Telecommunications and Transport (5), 30–33 (2010) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 5.Titov, I.: Research of data server’s traffic model by the results of multimedia resource’s traffic measurement. T-Comm - Telecommunications and Transport (5), 46–49 (2011) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 9.Seghaier, A., Tsitovich, I.: On the interval model of the birth–death process with a hysteresis. Information Processes 12(1), 117–126 (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.ITU-T Recommendation E.800. Definitions of terms related to quality of service (September 2008)Google Scholar
- 11.ITU-T Recommendation E.802. Framework and methodologies for the determination and application of QoS parameters (February 2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Tsitovich, I., Titov, I.: Time scale in mathematical model of source with unbounded service time variation. Information Processes 11(3), 369–377 (2011) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 13.Tsitovich, I., Titov, I.: About characteristics of data server’s traffic variation and its loss probability. In: Information and Telecommunication Technologies and Mathematical Modeling of High Technology Systems, Moscow, pp. 61–63 (2012) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 14.Tsitovich, I., Titov, I.: Analysis of loss probability for multimedia resource’s traffic. In: Information Technology and Systems Conference, Moscow, pp. 484–489 (2012) (in Russian)Google Scholar