MGTE: A Multi-level Hybrid Verification Platform for a 16-Core Processor
With the widely application of multi-core multi-thread processor in various computing fields, simulation and verification of processors become increasingly important. In this paper, a multi-level hybrid verification platform called MGTE is designed and developed for a 16-core processer PX-16. MGTE supports software simulating and hardware emulating in module level, sub-system level or full-chip level, which is capable of verifying the processor during all the design periods from details to the whole. Also, MGTE supports the hybrid verification of behavior models, RTL codes and net lists, which is capable of improving the simulation performance. It’s proved that MGTE can effectively ease the functional verification and preliminary performance evaluation of PX-16 processor.
KeywordsMulti-core Multi-thread Processor Multi-level Hybrid Verification Verification platform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hu, J., et al.: A Study on CPU Chip-Oriented Verification Technology. Microelectronics 37(1), 16–23 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.OpenSPARCTM T2 Core Microarchitecture Specification, Revision A. Sun Microsystems, Inc. (December 2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Nussbaum, D., Fedorova, A., Small, C.: An overview of the Sam CMT simulator kit. Sun Microsystems, Inc., Mountain View (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.OpenSPARCTM T2 Processor Design and Verification User’s Guide, Revision A, Sun Microsystems, Inc. (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Synopsys VCSTM training, Synopsys, Inc. (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Verilog Simulation User Guide, Product Version 9.2, Cadence, Inc. (July 2010)Google Scholar