A Trustworthy Storage Framework on the Cloud
The security of important data is a great issue in distributed storage system, especially when the data is stored on the cloud where risk increases and traditional encryption with key may not be secure enough. To deal with the problem, an expanded efficiency secret splitting algorithm (EESSA) is proposed to strengthen the security of data which is not only for long-term storage but also for sharing. Three key technologies are used in EESSA to guarantee security: file manipulation is used to split file to guarantee the data not be obtained by the unauthenticated users; asymmetric cryptosystem is designed to make a secure communication channel to transfer the feature information; security controller makes the whole secure process under the control. The security of the algorithm is proved theoretically, while its feasibility and efficiency is confirmed by experiments.
Keywordstrustworthy storage secure sharing information dispersal asymmetric cryptosystem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Schoenmakers, B.: A Simple Publicly Verifiable Secret Sharing Scheme and Its Application to Electronic Voting. In: Wiener, M. (ed.) CRYPTO 1999. LNCS, vol. 1666, pp. 148–784. Springer, Heidelberg (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Kikuchi, H. (M+1)st-Price Auction Protocol. In: Syverson, P.F. (ed.) FC 2001. LNCS, vol. 2339, pp. 341–363. Springer, Heidelberg (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Lal, S., Kumar, M.: A Directed-Threshold Multi-Signature Scheme. Cryptography and Security ACM-class (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Storer, M.W., Greenan, K.M., et al.: POTSHARDS: secure long-term storage without encryption. In: Proceedings of the USENIX Annual Technical Conference, pp. 1–14. USENIX Association, Santa Clara (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, Z., Yao, W.-B., Xiao, D., Wu, C.-H., Liu, J.-Y., Wang, C.: ESSA: An Efficient and Secure Splitting Algorithm for Distributed Storage Systems. China Communications 7(4), 89–95 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Löbbing, M., Wegener, I.: The Number of Knight’s Tours Equals 33,439,123,484,294 - Counting with Binary Decision Diagrams. The Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 3(1), 5 (1996)Google Scholar
- 10.Bu, S., Xu, X., et al.: Analysis on Security of NTRU Public Key Cryptosystem. Computer Engineering and Applications 38(24), 3 (2002)Google Scholar