Hiding Signatures in Variable Names
With the development of software technology, the copyright of the software is increasingly important. One aspect is the copyright of the source code. This paper proposed a new algorithm named HSVN (hiding signatures in variable names) to hide the copyright signature or watermark in the source code. It belongs to the static watermark. The basic idea of HSVN algorithm is adding signature bytes into the variable names which are located by random sequence, and the difference between the alongside two chars of the specific variable name is the hidden signature byte. HSVN Algorithm can hide the signature more easily and more invisibly. Moreover, it can hide a large amount of information with little redundancy added to the program.
Keywordswatermark signature random sequence variable name
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hamilton, J., Danicic, S.: A Survey of Static Software Watermarking. In: Internet Security, pp. 100–107 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Chroni, M., Nikolopoulos, S.D.: Encoding Watermark Numbers as Cographs using Self-inverting Permutations. In: 12th International Conference on Computer Systems and Technologies, pp. 142–148 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, S., Zhu, G., Wang, Y.: A Strategy of Software Protection based on Multi-watermarking Embedding. In: 2nd International Conference on Control, Instrumentation and Automation, pp. 444–447 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Collberg, C.S., Thomborson, C.: On the Limits of Software Watermarking. Technical Report. 164 (August 1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Davidson, R.I., Myhrvold, N.: Method and System for Generating and Auditing a Signature for a Computer Program (September 1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Holmes, K.: Computer Software Protection. International Business Machines Corporation (February 1994)Google Scholar
- 10.Samson, P.R.: Apparatus and Method for Serializing and Validating Copies of Computer Software (February 1994)Google Scholar
- 11.Qu, G., Potkonjak, M.: Analysis of Watermarking Techniques for Graph Coloring Problem. In: Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer-aided Design, pp. 190–193 (1998)Google Scholar
- 13.Collberg, C.S., Thomborson, C.: Software Watermarking: Models and Dynamic Embeddings. In: Conference Record of the Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pp. 311–324 (1999)Google Scholar
- 17.Shirali-Shahreza, M., Shirali-Shahreza, S.: Software Watermarking by Equation Reordering. In: 3rd International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies: From Theory to Applications, ICTTA (2008) Google Scholar