Clock Synchronization Algorithm for Distributed Video Surveillance Based on PTP
In a distributed network, the clock synchronization accuracy is an important factor that affects the real-time performance of the network. In order to meet the requirements of high-precision of network clock synchronization, this paper conducts the research to the Precision Time Protocols (PTP), and elaborates the principle of the high-precision synchronization. A simulation was done for distributed video surveillance star network.The simulation results verified the correctness of the algorithm, at the same time, combined with the PTP, the simulation results were analyzed, a conclusion that path symmetry is a statistical concept was gotten and the star network time synchronization offset range was also obtained.
Keywordsdistributed systems clock synchronization PTP path symmetry synchronization offset
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chong, L., Li, G.: Application in Distributed Systems Based on IEEE 1588 Clock Synchronization Technology. Electronic Design Engineering (December 2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Mills, D.L.: Network Time Protocol (version 3) Specification,Implementation and Analysis [NetworkWorking Group Report RFC-1305] (1992) Google Scholar
- 3.David, L.M.: Simple Network Time Protocol(SNTP)Version 4 for IPv4, IPv6 and OSI[EB/OL] (January 10, 2007) Google Scholar
- 4.IEEE Std 1588-2002, IEEE Standard for a Precision Clock Synchronization Protocol for Networked Measurement and Control System. The Institute Electrical and Electronics Engineers, New York (2002) Google Scholar
- 5.Eidson, J.C., Hamilton, B.: IEEE-1588 Node SynchronizationImprovement by High Stability Oscillator. In: Workshop onIEEE 1588, Standard for a Precision Clock SynchronizationProtocol for Networked Measurement and Control Systems (2003) Google Scholar
- 6.Shi, Y., Zhao, J., Fang, H.: IEEE 1588 analysis and application of synchronous clock. Instrument Technology (September 2007)Google Scholar