The Measurement and Analysis of KAD Network
KAD protocol is the most widely used P2P protocol, and the study of KAD is significance to improve the performance of DHT network. We introduce the KAD measurement system based on active detection, and measuring search path and node k-bucket of KAD network. Then we analyze the common prefix of node ID that stores keyword, hops of searching keyword and k-bucket. Finally, we draw some conclusions as follows. The node that stores less-popular keyword has a longer common prefix. The number of search hop usually is few and the search efficiency is very high. The coverage of k-bucket is large and the node well knows other node that is near to itself. All these indicate that searching and storing resources in KAD network is effective.
KeywordsKAD measurement system search path common prefix hop k-bucket
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Stoica, I., Morris, R., Karger, D., Kaashoek, M., Balakrishnan, H.: Chord: A scalable Peer-to-peer lookup service for Internet applications. In: Proc. ACM SIGCOMM, pp. 149–160 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Ratnasamy, S., Handley, M., Karp, R., Shenker, S.: A scalable content-addressable network. In: Proc. ACM SIGCOMM (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Rowstron, A., Druschel, P.: Pastry: Scalable, distributed object location and routing for large-scale peer-to-peer systems. Accepted for Middleware (2001) Google Scholar
- 5.E-Mule, http://www.emule-project.net
- 6.Pietrzyk, M., Urvoy-Keller, G., Costeux, J.L.: Digging into KAD users’ shared folders. Poster of ACM SIGCOMM (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Steiner, M., Biersack, E.W., En-Najjary, T.: Actively monitoring peers in KAD. In: Proc. 6th Int. Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems, IPTPS (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Steiner, M., En-Najjary, T., Biersack, E.W.: A global view of KAD. In: Proc. Internet Measurement Conf., IMC (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Mickens, J., Noble, B.: Exploiting availability prediction in distributed systems. In: Proc. NSDI, San Jose, CA (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Saroiu, S., Gummadi, P.K., Gribble, S.D.: A measurement study of peer-to-peer file sharing systems. In: Proc. Multimedia Computing and Networking (MMCN) (January 2002)Google Scholar