Preparation of Colloidal Nickel Particles by Polyol Process
Colloidal Ni particles were prepared by polyol process. Colloidal Pt particles were used as seed. PVP and poly(acrylic acid, sodium salt) were used as stabilizers for Ni particles. When PVP was used as a stabilizer, resulting colloidal Ni particles were partially precipitated within 10 days. In case of poly(acrylic acid, sodium salt), stable colloidal Ni particles could be obtained through the formation of protective shell by esterification reaction between ethylene glycol and poly(acrylic acid, sodium salt).
KeywordsNickel colloid polyol PVP poly(acrylic acid & sodium salt)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Toshima, N., Yonezawa, T.: New J. Chem. 1179 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Glicksman, H.D.: Materials Hanbook, 9th edn., vol. 7, p. 147. American Society for Metals Park, OH (1984)Google Scholar
- 10.Fisher, G.: Ceram. Ind. (Chicago) 120, 80 (1983)Google Scholar
- 18.Fiévet, F.: In: Sugimoto, T. (ed.) Fine Particles: Synthesis, Characterization, and Mechanisms of Growth, p. 460. Marcel Dekker, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 25.Barret, K.E.J., Thomas, H.R.: In: Barret, K.E.J. (ed.) Kinetics and Mechanism of Dispersion Polymerization in Organic Media, ch. 4. John Wiley & Sons, New York (1975)Google Scholar