Development of the On-Board Centered Train Control System to Enhance Efficiency of Low-Density Railway Line
In the low-density branch line section of domestic railway, the necessity for development of new concept on-board centered train control system which can control the trackside equipment directly from the on-board of train is on the rise since it is problematic in the aspect of efficiency because of its operation in deficits, etc. in accordance with the operation of high-priced wayside equipment being applied to main lines. Accordingly, this paper proposed an on-board control system which can minimize wayside equipment and replace the existing system with it simultaneously by grafting the advanced domestic Information & Communication Technology(ICT), and presented contents of performing confirmation of function through results of concept and detailed design and by building model test environments.
KeywordsInformation & Communication Technology(ICT) train control system railway
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Korea Institute of Construction & Transportation Technology Evaluation and Planning, A Research Report on Development of Automatic Operation & Control System for the Large Train Station with High-Density Operation. Final report of the 5th year (2008) Google Scholar
- 3.Gi, H.-S., Park, D.-J., Choi, J.-B., Choo, J.-S.: A Study on the Calculation of Track Capacity in Consideration of the Enhancement in Train Speed and Diversification. The Korean Society for Railway 12(5), 623–630 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Korea Railroad Corporation, Electrical Service Data (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Ganz, R., Materne, H.: Innovative system solution for cost-effective operations management on lines with light or moderate traffic: The Deuta FgB System. World Congress on Railway Research (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Fukuta, Y., Kogure, G., Kunifuji, T., Sugahara, H., Ishima, R., Matsumoto, M.: Novel Railway Signal Control System Based on the Internet Technology and Its Distributed Control Architecture. In: IEEE ISADS (March 2007)Google Scholar
- 8.UIC/ERTMS/ETCS Specification, ERTMS Regional General Technical Requirements Specificiation, Draft 01.02 (2006) Google Scholar
- 9.Rail Safety and Standard Board, Impact of the European Rail Traffic Management System on driver workload. Early human factors analysis for UK-ERTMS driving (Final Version) (2004) Google Scholar
- 10.UIC ERTMS Benchmark, Workshop Economic Evaluation of ERTMS Results of the study “ERTMS Benchmark on Costs” (2010) Google Scholar
- 11.Mattalia: The effects on operation and capacity on railways deriving from the switching to continuous signals and tracing systems (ERTMS). Master thesis (2008) Google Scholar
- 12.Korea Railroad Research Institute, Development of Technology to enhance ICT based Safety of Train Operation and Operational Efficiency. Final report of the 1st year (2011) Google Scholar