The Development of Functional Requirement for ICT-Based Train Control System
Recently, system innovation has been accomplished with the application of relative technologies in various fields in accordance with the development of ICT(Information & Communication Technology), and the railway field is no exception also. Especially, it is expected that the significance and effect of study to plan the enhancement in safety and operational efficiency of train operation by converging train control fields into ICT will be very great. In this paper, we explained a study on development of the new concept on-board centered train control system through convergence of ICT into train control field as the relative study currently under progress in Korea.
KeywordsTrack Circuit Return Current Harmonics Electrical Railroad
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Korean Railroad Research Institute, Development of ICT-based Technologies for Safety and Efficiency of Railway Operation. 1st Annual Report (2011) Google Scholar
- 2.Ministry of land, Transport and maritime Affairs, Korea Institute of Construction & Transportation, Development of Railway Automatic Operation Control System for High Density. 5th final report (2008) Google Scholar
- 3.Ki, H.-S., Park, D., Choi, J., Choo, J.: Estimating Line Capacity Considering High-Speeding and Diversification of Trains. KSR 12(5), 623–630 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Mattalia, A.: The effects on operation and capacity on railways deriving from the switching to continuous signals and tracing systems (ERTMS). Master thesis (2008) Google Scholar
- 5.Rail Safety and Standard Board, Impact of the European Rail Traffic Management System on driver workload. Early human factors analysis for UK-ERTMS driving (Final Version) (2004)Google Scholar