A Multilevel Security Framework for Cloud-Based Ubiquitous Healthcare Application Service
In this paper, the need for security mechanisms for healthcare domains with appropriate levels of protection is addressed. Specifically, we design security framework for multiple level of security in a ubiquitous healthcare service provisioning based on cloud computing. The goal is to provide a localized and dynamic security structure of a typical cloud computing communication for patient data access, storage, transmission, and processing as well as provide security and privacy risk mitigation strategies in ubiquitous health serve provisioning.
KeywordsCloud computing Ubiquitous healthcare Multilevel security framework Service provision
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lo, C., Chen, C., Cheng, D., Kung, H.: Ubiquitous Healthcare Service System with Context-awareness Capability: Design and Implementation. Expert Systems with Applications 38 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Weiss, A.: Computing in the clouds. ACM Magazine Networker – Cloud Computing: PC Functions Move onto the Web 11 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Lu, C., Abdelzaher, T., Stankovic, J., Son, S.: A feedback control architecture and design methodology for service delay guarantees in web servers. Tech. Rep. CS-2001-06 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.MobiHealth Project (2009), http://www.mobihealth.org
- 5.CodeBlue: Wireless Sensor Networks for Medical Care (2009), http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~mdw/proj/codeblue/
- 6.Siebenlist, F.: Challenges and opportunities for virtualized security in the clouds. In: SACMAT 2009: Proc. of the 14th ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Cachin, C., Keidar, I., Shraer, A.: Trusting the cloud. SIGACT News 40 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Enisa: Cloud computing risk assessment (2009), http://www.enisa.europa.eu/act/rm/files/deliverables/cloud-computing-risk-assessment/at_download/fullReport
- 9.Cloud Security Alliance: Security best practices for cloud computing (2010), http://www.cloudsecurityalliance.org
- 10.CloudFlare Inc.: Web Application Firewall (2011), http://www.cloudflare.com/plans.html
- 11.AIDE team: Advanced intrusion detection environment (2005), http://sourceforge.net/projects/aide
- 12.Rajkumar, B., Yeo, C., Venugopal, S., Malpani, S.: Cloud computing and emerging IT platforms: vision, hype, and reality for delivering computing as the 5th utility. Future Generation Computer Systems (2009)Google Scholar