Using Agent Based Modeling and Simulation for Data Mining
In recent years, there is an exponential growth of information sources, especially with the increasing usage of Internet. Therefore, there is a growing need for automated tools for obtaining valuable information from these raw data in different data warehouses. Data Mining represents the process of extracting valuable and useful knowledge from large amounts of data. Generating appropriate abstractions from these distributed data warehouses is a challenging task for data mining tools. Data mining is a multidisciplinary research area and it includes database technology, neural networks, artificial intelligence and machine learning etc. It enables valuable information to the end users. However, if the system is newly set and it is in the cold start position with no or little processed data, this influences the system efficiency. There is an additional mechanism for producing realistic data. Agent Based Modeling and Simulation system is a powerful technology by using autonomous intelligent agents and usually can run in distributed environment. This paper emphasizes the approach of using Agent Based Modeling and Simulation for Distributed Data Mining technologies.
KeywordsAgent MAS Data Mining Agent Based Modeling and Simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liao, H., Yang, L., Geng, X.: Application Research of New Distributed Data Mining Model Based on Intelligent Agent and Web Service in Digital Gas Fields. In: 2011 International Conference on Computational and Information Sciences (ICCIS), pp. 137–140 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Longbing, C.: Introduction to Agent Mining Interaction and Integration. In: Data Mining and Multi-Agent Integration, Part 1, pp. 3–36 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Macal, C.M., North, M.J.: Introductory tutorial: Agent-based modeling and simulation. In: Proceedings of the 2011 Winter Simulation Conference (WSC), pp. 1451–1464 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Longbing, C.: Agent-mining interaction: theoretical challenges and prospects. Technical report (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Gorodetsky, V., Karsaev, O., Samoilov, V.: Multi-agent Technology for Distributed Data Mining and Classification. In: IAT, pp. 438–441. IEEE Computer Society (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Klusch, M., Lodi, S., Moro, G.: Issues of agent-based distributed data mining. In: Proceedings of the Second International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2003), pp. 1034–1035. ACM (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.JADE (Java Agent DEvelopment Framework), http://jade.tilab.com/
- 12.Remondino, M., Correndo, G.: Data Mining Applied to Agent Based Simulation. In: Proceedings 19th European Conference on Modeling and Simulation-ECMS (2005)Google Scholar
- 14.Hassan, S., Pavón, J., Antunes, L., Gilbert, N.: Injecting Data into Agent-Based Simulation. In: The Second World Congress on Social Simulation. Springer Series on Agent Based Social Systems (2010)Google Scholar