Network-in-the-Loop Simulation Platform for Control System
In order to research how the real network influences the control system, a Network-in-the-loop simulation platform is established in this paper. The platform consists of two simulation modules and two communication interfaces. Plant modeling and controller design is based on Matlab whereas communication interfaces programming is complemented in Visual C++. In this scheme, data is exchanged between Matlab and VC++ by Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) technology, while Windows Socket is used for networked transmission design. On the platform, users can design and imitate the real networked control online. Besides, the real-time delay data is obtained in Simulink environment. Finally, according to the simulation experiment of DC motor servo system, the validity of the simulation platform is demonstrated.
KeywordsNetwork-in-the-loop Synchronization NCS simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Peng, D., Zhang, H., Lin, J., et al.: Simulation Research for Networked Cascade Control System Based on Truetime. In: Proceeding of the 8th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 486–488 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Sun, J., Deng, W., Li, L., et al.: Matlab-based Simulation Platform for Networked Control System. Process Automation Instrumentation 31(3), 19–22 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Qian, M., Shan, Y., Xie, G.: The Application of OPC Toolbox on the Simulation of Network Control Systems. Microcomputer Information 23(4-3), 117–119 (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Shan, S., Du, Y., Li, Q., et al.: The Design and Implementation of NS2-based Simulation Semi-physical Verification System. Journal of Beijing Union University 24(4), 17–19 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Murray, J.D.: Mathematical Biology, 3rd edn., vol. II, pp. 71–81. Springer, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Pang, Z., Liu, G., Qiao, Y.: NCSLab: A Whole Web-based Networked Control System Laboratory. Journal of Central South University 42(4), 1005–1014 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhou, Y., Hu, N.: Development of Remote Simulation System for Control Technology Based on Web. Industrial Instrumentation & Automation 3, 112–115 (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Huang, Q., Xie, S.: Adaptive Control System of Nonlinear Tank Level Based on RTW. Automation & Instrumentation 10, 19–30 (2011)Google Scholar