Research on ZigBee Wireless Meter Reading System in Opnet Simulator
The paper aims to evaluate the performance of a ZigBee wireless meter reading system using Opnet. At first, a scheme of distributed meter reading system is proposed. In order to simulate the real system, an energy module special for CC2530 is added in Opnet. Then the necessary parameter configurations for it are considered. At last, the simulation environment of the proposed system is set up. According to the monitored global and local statistics, it comes to the conclusion that the scheme has the distinguishing characteristics of the smaller end-to-end delay, the few packet loss as well as lower energy consumption and can be well applied in the factual meter reading system.
KeywordsWireless meter reading system ZigBee Opnet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Marghescu, C., Pantazica, M., Brodeala, A., Svasta, P.: Simulation of a wireless sensor network using OPNET. In: 2011 IEEE 17th International Symposium for Design and Technology in Electronic Packaging(SIITME), Timisoara, Romania, pp. 249–252 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Opnet. Opnet HelpGoogle Scholar
- 4.Cao, S.: Wireless Automatic Meter Reading System for Resident Power User Based on Smart Electricity Meter. J. Electrical Technology 8, 112–116 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.ZigBee Alliance: ZigBee Wireless Networking (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Farahani, S.: ZigBee Wireless Networks and Transceivers, USA (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Texas Instruments Inc. CC2530Fx Datasheeet, http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cc2530.pdf