Quantization Based Real-Time Simulation of Continuous System in Distributed Environment
Continuous system must be discretized for computer simulation. There is a kind of methods such as QSS method that discretizes the continuous system based on the discretization of the state space except the classical methods such as Euler, Runge-Kutta, etc. It is proved that the quantization based method would reduce the redundant caculation while guarantee the accuracy. It has always been proved that QSS method would guarantee the stability and convergence under some conditions. QSS method discretizes the continuous system to discrete-event model and each model could be treated as a federate in HLA. The real-time simulation in HLA is supported by a special federate called RTFederate. At last, an example would be introduced to prove the method.
KeywordsQSS method distributed simulation continuous system real-time simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kofman, E., Junco, S.: Quantized StateSystems. A DEVS approach for continuoussystem simulation. Technical ReportLSD0004, LSD, FCEIA, UNR (2000); To appear in Transactions of SCSGoogle Scholar
- 2.Kofman, E.: A Third Order Discrete Event SimulationMethod for Continuous System Simulation. Latin American Applied Research 36(2), 101–108 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Zeigler, B., Kim, T.G., Praehofer, H.: Theory ofModeling and Simulation, 2nd edn. Academic Press, New York (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Zeigler, B., Lee, J.S.: Theory ofquantized systems: formal basis for DEVS/HLAdistributed simulation environment. In: SPIE Proceedings, vol. 3369, pp. 49–58 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Kofman, E.: Discrete Event Simulation of Hybrid Systems. Technical Report LSD0205, LSD, UNR (2002); SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 25, 1771–1797 (2004)Google Scholar