A Study of Wireless Mobile Node Localization Algorithm Based on MCL and HS
This paper proposes the methods to improve the Monte Carlo (MCL) algorithm for the wireless mobile node localization. It combines the anchor boxes constructed by different power signals with the node location information in the previous time to reduce the sampling region. Through sampling and filtering in this region, we adopt the Harmony Search (HS) algorithm to optimize the obtained samples and then calculate the estimated value of the node location. Moreover, the RSSI ranging is used to assist localization. And it takes full advantage of the nodes information with high availabilities. The simulation results show that the improved algorithm reduces the requirements of anchors density and improves the sampling filter efficiencies and the localization accuracy.
Keywordsnode localization MCL algorithm HS algorithm RSSI
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Li, X.W., Xu, Y.J., Ren, F.Y.: Techniques for Wireless Sensor Networks, pp. 1–11. Beijing Institute of Technology Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Hu, L., Evans, D.: Localization for mobile sensor networks. In: Proceedings of Mobile Computing and Networking, pp. 45–47 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Rudafshani, M., Datta, S.: Localization in wireless sensor networks. In: Proc. of the 6th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, pp. 51–60 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Yong, L.-Q.: Advances in Harmony Search Algorithm. Computer System Application 20(7), 244–248 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Peng, B.: Research Localization Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Network Based on RSSI Ranging-Error Compensation. Dalian University of Technology, 29–33 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Fang, Z., Zhao, Z., Guo, P.: Analysis of Distance Measurement Based on RSS. Journal of Sensor Technology 20(11), 2526–2530 (2007)Google Scholar