Research and Simulation of Surface Fitting Algorithm Based on Surface Patches Splicing
According to differential geometry of surface theories, this paper researches on a surface fitting algorithm based on surface patches splicing. Space curved surface is decomposed into several surface patches, and then, surface model is established based on the quadratic equation. During the establishment of multiple nonlinear equations, the equal mean curvature and continuous surface works as boundary constraint conditions. For each patch, the nonlinear equations are solved by using single rank inverse Broyden quasi Newton method to obtain the parametric equation of the surface patch. Through the recursion, the patches can be spliced and it can realize the surface reconstruction. Finally, simulations are carried out in the Matlab environment and the experimental results show that the surface fitting algorithm can effectively reconstruct the large deformation surface, so it is feasible for space surfaces reconstruction.
KeywordsSurface patches Surface reconstruction Single rank inverse Broyden quasi Newton method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jiang, L.-X., Li, H.-W., Yang, G.-Q., Yang, Q.-R., Huang, H.-Y.: A Survey of Spacecraft Autonomous Fault Diagnosis Research. Journal of Astronautics 4, 1320–1326 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, T.-X., Lin, Y.-M., Wang, M.-Y., Chai, H.-Y., Hua, H.-X.: Review of the Spacecraft Vibration Control Technology. Journal of Astronautics 1, 1–12 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhu, X.: Free Curve and Surface Modeling Techniques. Science Press, Beijing (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Lin, Z.: Research and Implement of Surface Reconstruction Technology in Reverse Engineering. Suzhou University (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Fan, H.: Key Technique of Dynamic Surface Measurement and Visualization Based on FBG Sensing. Shanghai University (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Rapp, S., Kang, L., Han, J., Mueller, U., Baier, H.: Displacement Field Estimation for a Two-Dimensional Structure Using Fiber Bragg Grating Sensors. Smart Materials and Structures 18, 025006, 12 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, B.: Single rank inverse Broyden quasi Newton method and its realization in MATLAB for nonlinear equations. Journal of Yunnan University 30, 144–148 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.An, H., Bai, Z.: Broyden Method for Nonlinear Equation in Several Variables. Mathematica Numerica Sinica 26(4), 385–400 (2004) Google Scholar
- 9.Du, T., Shen, Y., Jia, T.: Numerical Analysis and Experiments. Science Press, Beijing (2006)Google Scholar