Intelligent Remote Wireless Streetlight Monitoring System Based on GPRS
According to the development trend of the streetlight, this paper presents a remote and wireless streetlight monitoring system based on GPRS. GPRS stands for General Packet Radio Service, it has a lot of advantages like widely used, high transmission speed, low power consumption and so on. The system uses microcontroller chip MSP430F2274 and wireless transceiver chip CC2500. The whole network consists of the control center and up to 100 groups of control network, and each control network has up to 100 terminal nodes, terminal nodes measure humidity, current, voltage and other information, and send these information to the transition points by the RF wireless transceiver module, then the transition points transmit information to the control center through GSM/GPRS networks. The control center will deal with the data so that it can know the situation of each streetlight. According to the result the control center gives orders to each streetlight to control the switch state and illumination of them.
KeywordsGPRS remote monitoring wireless transceiver streetlight
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jing, C., Shu, D., Gu, D., Liu, B.: Streetlight Power Cable Monitoring System Based on Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Proc. IEEE Symp. Information Acquisition, pp. 1284–1288. IEEE Press (August 2006), doi:10.1109/ICIA.2006.305936Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang, Y.: Wireless Temperature Control System Based on MSP430. Friend of Science Amateurs 1, 137–138 (2009), doi:CNKI:SUN:KXZB.0.2009-01-074Google Scholar
- 3.Texas Instruments Company. MSP430x22x2, MSP430x22x4 Family User’s GuideGoogle Scholar
- 4.Zhang, P., He, N.: USB interfaces wireless data acquisition system based on MSP430 and CC2500. Electronic Design Engineering 18(2), 12–14 (2010), doi:CNKI:SUN: GWDZ.0.2010-02-008Google Scholar
- 5.Kong, J., Zhong, R., Cai, J.: High precision and multi-function energy metering system with IC ADE7753. Application of Electronic Technique 1, 78–79 (2009), doi:CNKI:SUN: DZJY.0.2009-01-030Google Scholar
- 6.Meyer, M.: TCP performance over GPRS. In: Proc. IEEE Symp. WCNC 1999, pp. 1248–1252. IEEE Press (September 1999), doi:10.1109/WCNC.1999.79693Google Scholar