Comparison on H∞ Filter and Kalman Filter for Initial Alignment of SINS on Static Base
This paper discusses two kinds of initial alignment for Strap-down Inertial Navigation System(SINS), one is based on Kalman filter, and the other is based on H∞ filter. Through modeling, simulating and comparing, it can be concluded that using the former, with given system model and the noise characteristics, the leveling misalignment angles converge relatively rapid, but the azimuth misalignment angle converges relatively slow. If there is too large disturbance on system model, Kalman filter would be prolonged, even be emanated. However, the standard Kalman filter performances can be improved by using H∞ filter. The latter performs better than the former in azimuth alignment and equivalent to the former in level alignment. And H∞ filter can also greatly enhances the robustness of the system. So H∞ filter is an available method for the initial alignment.
KeywordsSINS initial alignment the H∞ filter Kalman filter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wan, D., Fang, J.: Initial Alignment of Inertial Navigation. M. Southeast University Press, Nanjing (1998)Google Scholar
- 3.Sun, B., Du, X.: The Research of Initial Alignment Technology in SINS. Beijing Institute of Technology Master’s Degree Thesis (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Nie, L., Wu, J., Tian, W.: H∞ Filtering and Its Application in INS Alignment. Journal of China Inertial Technology, 11(6), 39–43 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Lv, S., Xie, L., Chen, J., Yao, X.: Parameter Optimization of H∞ Filter in Initial Alignment of SINS Alignment. Fire Control & Command Control 35(6), 67–69 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, L., Bao, Q., Zhang, Y.: Comparison on Kalman Filter and H∞ Filter for Initial Alignment of SINS. Journal of China Inertial Technology 13(3), 4–9 (2005)Google Scholar