Using Distance-Based Outlier Detection Method to Handle the Abnormal Gateway in WSN
The gateway of wireless sensor network (WSN) plays a key role in the network system. Its stability and reliability is very important to the WSN. The abnormal of gateway will make the network sequence disorder. The node can’t report its data to the gateway, and it will need much more power consumption. In this paper, we propose a star topology network and the redundant node can monitor the node data and realize the gateway working status detection. We establish the relevant mathematical model based on the distance-based outlier detection method (DBODM) to analysis the gateway. When the deviation value is more than a certain threshold, the redundant node changes the nodes’ working patterns through sending the intelligent decision message, to realize the node working in low power consumption.
KeywordsGateway Abnormal Redundant Node Distance-based Outlier Detection Outliers Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Vihonen, J., Ala-Kleemola, T., Kerminen, R., Jylhä, J., Visa, A.: On sequential on-line outlier detection and a linescan application. In: IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, vol. 3, pp. 576–579 (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Chandola, V., Banerjee, A., Kumar, V.: Outlier detection: a survey. Technical Report, University of Minnesota (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Deng, J., Han, R., Mishra, S.: Enhancing Base Station Security in Wireless Sensor Networks. Technical Report, University of Colorado, Department of Computer Science (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Christin, D., Reinhardt, A., Mogre, P.S., Steinmetz, R.: Wireless Sensor Networks and the Internet of Things: Selected Challenges (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Su, W.: An adaptive and fault-tolerant scheme for gateway assignment in sensor networks. In: IEEE Military Communications Conference, MILCOM 2004 (November 2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Dutta, P., Hui, J., Jeong, J., Kim, S., Sharp, C., Taneja, J., Tolle, G., Whitehouse, K., Culler, D.: Trio: Enabling Sustainable and Scalable Outdoor Wireless Sensor Network Deployments. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks Special Track on Platform Tools and Design Methods for Network Embedded Sensors, IPSN/SPOTS 2006 (April 2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Younis, M., Munshi, P., Gupta, G., Elsharkawy, S.M.: On Efficient Clustering of Wireless Sensor Networks. In: Second IEEE Workshop on Dependability and Security in Sensor Networks and Systems (DSSNS 2006), Columbia, MD (April 2006)Google Scholar
- 11.McKenna, S.A., Hart, D., Katherine, K., Victoria, C., Wilson, M.: Event detection from water quality time series. In: Proceedings of the World Environmental and Water Resources Congress (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Dutta, P.K., Culler, D.E.: System software techniques for low-power operation in wireless sensor networks. In: Proc. Int’l Conf. Computer Aided Design (ICCAD 2005), San Jose, CA, USA, pp. 925–932 (November 2005)Google Scholar