MDA-Based Meta-modeling Technique for Collaborative Simulation
Heterogeneity among multi-disciplinary models of complex products models hinders the sharing of information between subsystems, decreases the efficiency of collaborative development and becomes the bottle-neck of system integration and collaborative simulation. This paper analyses the current progress on model consistency description in collaborative simulation system for complex product development, and presents an UML Profile-based meta-model, CSMM (Collaborative Simulation Meta Model), referring MDA standard, to fulfill the consistency description of collaborative simulation model and collaborative behavior information. Also, the process for building collaborative simulation models of complex products based on CSMM meta-model is given. A case study has verified that this meta-model is able to support multi-granularity modeling and multi-resolution simulation in complex product development process.
Keywordscollaborative simulation MDA meta-model CSMM
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chai, X., Li, B., Xiong, G., et al.: Research and Implementation on Collabrative Simulation Platform for Complex Product. Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems 8(7), 580–584 (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Wang, K., Xiong, G.: Cooperative Design and Simulation for Complex Product. Computer Integrated Manufacturing Systems 9(S), 15–19 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.OMG Staff Strategy Group. Model Driven Architecture, http://www.omg.org/2000
- 4.SISO-STD-003.0-DRAFT-V0.12,26 2005(8), Simulation Interoperability Standards Organization. Guide for Base Object Model (BOM) Use and ImplementationGoogle Scholar
- 5.Brutzman, D., Tolk, A.: JSB Composability and Web Services Interoperability via Extensible Modeling & Simulation Framework (XMSF), Model Driven Architecture (MDA), Component Repositories, and Web-based Visualization (November 2003/December 28, 2011), http://www.movesinstitute.org/xmsf.html
- 6.European Space Agency. SMP 2.0 Metamodel. European Space Agency, France (October 2005)Google Scholar