A Prototype Architecture for Assembly-Oriented Cyber-Physical Systems
ACPS is a new generation intelligent system based on the embedded systems, sensing technology and networked connectivity. As a typical application of CPS, it has many special features different from the traditional systems. According to these features, a four-layer architecture is proposed which consists of Physical Layer, Network Layer, Co-processing Layer and Application Layer. Furthermore, some research directions and challenges of ACPSs are suggested, and the ultimate goal is to develop foundations and techniques for building safe and effective ACPSs.
KeywordsAssembly systems Cyber-physical systems (CPSs) Four-layer Architecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lee E.A.: Cyber-Physical Systems-Are Computing Foundations Adequate? (2006) Google Scholar
- 2.Lee, I., et al.: Challenges and Research Directions in Medical Cyber-Physical Systems. Proceedings of the IEEE 100(1SI), 75–90 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Lee, E.A.: Cyber Physical Systems: Design Challenges. In: 2008 11th IEEE International Symposium on Object Oriented Real-Time Distributed Computing (ISORC), pp. 363–369. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Shi, J., et al.: A survey of Cyber-Physical Systems. In: 2011 International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP), pp. 1–6 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Koubâa, A., Andersson, B.: A vision of Cyber-Physical Internet. CISTER Research Unit, Polytechnic Institute of Porto, ISEP/IPP (2009)Google Scholar