VNSP: A Virtual Network Based Simulation Platform
Network based simulation is playing an important role in information technology research fields. However, some simulation activity such as information security test may cause unexpectable breakage to the network infrastructure. In order to overcome these drawbacks and provide more flexible simulation networks, a virtual network based simulation platform named VNSP is designed and implemented. Based on system virtualization technology and software routing methods, the platform has the function of real network infrastructure, can build the target network according to simulation task rapidly. This paper discussed the virtual granularity, system design and system implement of the simulation platform. In the end, a serious of experiments was carrying out to exam the performance of the platform.
Keywordsvirtual router virtual network network simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, X., Zhu, Y.: The Analysis Based on Large-scale Network Experiment Technology. Computer Knowledge and Technology 11(7), 4213–4215 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Wroclawski, J.: GENI: Global Environment for Network Innovations (January 08, 2011). Using the Component andAggregate Abstractions in the GENIArchitecture, GDD-06-42 (December 19, 2006), http://www.geni.net
- 6.About VINI: What is VINI (January 08, 2011), http://www.vini-veritas.net/
- 7.4ward Project (2008), http://www.4ward2project.eu/
- 10.Zhu, W., Sun, M.: Research on Network Virtualization. Telecommunications Network Technology 9, 19–23 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Feng, Y.: Construction of Enterprise Information Management and Control System. Command Information System and Technology 3(2), 38–43 (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, W., Wang, D., Yue, C., et al.: Information Collection Technology for Simulation Training. Command Information System and Technology 3(2), 67–71 (2012)Google Scholar