QVGA OLED Display Control Module with High Gray-Level
OLED has a lot of advantages like simple structure, ultrathin, self-luminescence, high brightness, short response time, wide viewing angle, low operation voltage and so on, which is widely applied in cell phone, PDA, DC, on board display and military field. This paper represents a real-time video display system on OLED based on the detailed analysis of OLED panel electrical characteristics and various gray scale scanning principles of the OLED scan and drive circuit. FPGA is the core control device in the whole system, the DVI decoded signal is processed and real-time displayed on the OLED. 240×RGB (H)×320 (V) QVGA, 256 gray scale is implemented and frame frequency is 60Hz~100Hz. The power drive has 7 outputs, which is adjustable to fit the external environment. Among them, sub-field scanning working mode is adopted in the design, gray scale is selectable.
KeywordsOLED Controller FPGA selectable grayscale sub-field RAM Manager
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sun, M.: Research and Realization of Display System Based on Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED). Master’s Thesis of East China Normal UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 2.Jiang, Q.Q.: OLED technology and it’s market development. TV Engineering 247, 53–55 (2003), doi:CNKI:SUN:DSSS.0.2003-01-019Google Scholar
- 3.Wang, L.: OLED display technology. Electronic Engineering & Product World 206, 91–93 (2006), doi:CNKI:SUN:DZCS.0.2006-01-041Google Scholar
- 4.Notarangelo, G., Gibilaro, M., et al.: Low power strategy for a TFT controller. In: Proceedings of the Euromicro Symposium on Digital System Design, vol. 4-6, pp. 351–354 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Guo, B.: Driving Method of sub-frame and current-ratio for PM-OLED. Chinese Journal of Liquid Crystals and Displays 17, 182–188 (2002), doi:CNKI:SUN:YJYS.0.2002-03-009Google Scholar