A Study of Bandwidth Guaranteed Routing Algorithms for Traffic Engineering
- 1.1k Downloads
Due to the fast growths of computer networks, traffic engineering (TE) which tries to satisfy both quality of services and resource utilization requirements is an important research area. Among TE mechanisms, routing algorithm – a strategy to select paths for traffic – plays a crucial role and there have been many TE routing proposals. This paper gives a thorough study of these algorithms by presenting their key ideas and mathematical descriptions, and then by various experiments so to analyse their performances with different metrics. The paper also discusses the trend of routing algorithms and future research directions.
Keywordsbandwidth guaranteed routing traffic engineering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Even, S., Itai, A., Shamir, A.: On the complexity of time table and multi-commodity flow problems. In: Proceeding SFCS 1975 Proceedings of the 16th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pp. 184–193. IEEE (1975)Google Scholar
- 3.Guerin, R.A., Orda, A., Williams, D.: QoS routing mechanisms and OSPF extensions. In: Global Telecommunications Conference, GLOBECOM 1997, vol. 3, pp. 1903–1908. IEEE (1997)Google Scholar
- 4.Kotti, A., Hamza, R., Bouleimen, K.: Bandwidth constrained routing algorithm for MPLS traffic engineering. In: International Conference on Networking and Services (ICNS 2007), Athens, Greece, p. 20 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, B., Su, X., Chen, C.: A new bandwidth guaranteed routing algorithm for MPLS traffic engineering. In: Conference Proceedings of 2002 IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2002 (Cat. No.02CH37333), pp. 1001–1005 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Alidadi, A., Mahdavi, M., Hashmi, M.R.: A new low-complexity QoS routing algorithm for MPLS traffic engineering. In: 2009 IEEE 9th Malaysia International Conference on Communications (MICC), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp. 205–210 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Lin, N., Lv, W.-F., Yang, T.: Paths optimal ordering algorithm based on MPLS traffic engineering. In: 2009 Ninth International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems, Shenyang, China, pp. 492–495 (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Issariyakul, T., Hossain, E.: Introduction to network simulator NS2. Springer, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Novák, V., Adamec, P., Šmrha, P., Verich, J.: CESNET2 IP/MPLS backbone network design and deployment in 2008 (2008)Google Scholar