An Efficient Ranging Protocol Using Multiple Packets for Asynchronous Real-Time Locating Systems
- 1.1k Downloads
In this paper, we propose an efficient ranging protocol based on multiple packets for localization. In order to meet era of ubiquitous computing, there is a growing need for an efficient real-time location system. We assumed that multiple packets are used for ranging and proposed an efficient TWR protocol. For multiple ranging packets, the ranging performance is likely to be degraded by the frequency offset, since the total observation time increases. In the presence of a frequency offset, the ranging performance of the proposed method was analyzed and compared to those of other similar methods. Through simulations, theoretical analysis of the performance is verified.
KeywordsRanging Frequency Offset SDS-TWR RTLS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oh, M.K., Kim, J.-Y., Lee, H.S.: Traffic-Reduced Precise Ranging Protocol for Asynchronous UWB Positioning Networks. IEEE Communications Letters 14(5) (May 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Kim, H.: Double-sided Two-Way Ranging Algorithm to Reduce Ranging Time. IEEE Communications Letters 13(7) (July 2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Jiang, Y., Leung, V.C.M.: An asymmetric double sided two-way ranging for crystal offset. In: International Symposium on Signals, Systems and Electronics, ISSSE 2007, Montreal, pp. 525–528 (July 2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Oh, D.G., Yoon, S.H., Chong, J.W.: A Novel Time Delay Estimation Using Chirp Signals Robust to Sampling Frequency Offset for a Ranging System. IEEE Communications Letters (May 2010)Google Scholar
- 5.IEEE Standard 802.15.4a-2007, pp. 1–203 (August 2007)Google Scholar
- 6.ISO/IEC Standard 24730-5, pp. 1–72 (March 2010)Google Scholar