Real-Time Recombination Method of Complex 3D Tree Model Information on Visual Perception Preserving
- 1.7k Downloads
For the rapid visualization of large-scale forest scene, this paper proposes a real-time recombination method of complex 3D tree model information. This method adopts visual attention model and the visual characteristic of tree structures, then uses geometry-based and image-based methods to simplify tree models and construct a hybrid representation model for the 3D tree models based on the visual perception. It reflects the visual perception features of 3D tree models that can embody topological semantics in dynamic simulation. Finally, the method in this paper is applied to the simplification of several tree models, and compared with some existing tree model simplification methods. The experimental results show that this method can not only preserve better visual perception of 3D tree models, but also effectively decrease the geometric data of the forest scene, and improve the rendering efficiency and real-time walkthrough speed of forest scene.
Keywordsvisual perception model simplification 3D trees real-time recombination hybrid representation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tu, C.: Real-Time Rendering of Realistic Trees in Virtual Reality System. Computer Technology and Development 19, 206–209 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Liu, X.Q., Cao, W.Q., Zhang, L.: The Modeling and Animation of Complex 3D Forestry Scenarios. Journal of Image and Graphics 15, 136–141 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Huang, Y.L.: Study and Implement of Forest Landscape Visualization based on OpenSceneGraph. Beijing Forestry University, Beijing (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Remolar, I., Chover, M., Belmonte, O., Ribelles, J., Rebollo, C.: Geometric Simplification of Foliage. Eurographics 2, 397–404 (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, F., Hua, W., Bao, H.J.: Quad Mesh Based Dynamic Simulation of Large-Scale Forest on GPU. Journal of Computer-Aided Design & Computer Graphics 22, 1701–1708 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Livnyl, Y., Pirk, S., Cheng, Z.L., Yan, F.L., Deussen, O., Cohen-Or, D., Chen, B.Q.: Texture-Lobes for Tree Modeling. ACM Transactions on Graphics 30, 53 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, Y.: Research and Application of Visual Attention Model. Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Lee, J., Kuo, M., Kuo, C.C.J.: Enhanced 3D Tree Model Simplification and Perceptual Analysis. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo., pp. 1250–1253. IEEE, Hilton Cancun (2009)Google Scholar