A Novel Customized Recompression Framework for Massive Internet Images
- 1.7k Downloads
Recently, device storage capacity and transmission bandwidth requirements are facing a heavy burden on account of massive internet images. Generally, to improve user experience and save costs as much as possible, a lot of internet applications always focus on how to achieve the appropriate image recompression. In this paper, we propose a novel framework to efficiently customize image recompression according to a variety of applications. And our new framework has been successfully applied to many commercial applications, such as web portals, e-commerce, online game and so on.
KeywordsMassive Internet Images Image Recompression Image Quality Assessment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pennebaker, W.B., Mitchell, J.L.: JPEG - Still Image Data Compression Standards. Van Nostrand Reinhold (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.He, X., Ji, M., Bao, H.: A unified active and semi-supervised learning framework for image compression. In: IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, CVPR 2009, pp. 65–72 (June 2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Cheng, L., Vishwanathan, S.V.N.: Learning to compress images and videos. In: Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Machine Learning, ICML 2007, pp. 161–168. ACM, New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Hamberg, R., de Ridder, H.: Continuous assessment of time-varying image quality. In: Rogowitz, B.E., Pappas, T.N. (eds.) Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) Conference Series, vol. 3016, pp. 248–259 (June 1997)Google Scholar
- 8.de Ridder, H.: Psychophysical evaluation of image quality: from judgment to impression. In: Rogowitz, B.E., Pappas, T.N. (eds.) Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) Conference Series, vol. 3299, pp. 252–263 (July 1998)Google Scholar
- 9.ITU-R BT.1082-1 Report. Studies towards the unification of picture assessment methodologies (1990)Google Scholar
- 10.ITU-R BT.500-11 Recommendation. Methodology for the subjective assessment of the quality of television pictures (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Shoham, T., Gill, D., Carmel, S.: A novel perceptual image quality measure for block based image compression. In: Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) Conference Series, vol. 7867 (January 2011)Google Scholar
- 15.Various Documents. Independent jpeg group, http://www.ijg.org