A Generalization of the Source Unfolding of Convex Polyhedra
We present a new method for unfolding a convex polyhedron into one piece without overlap, based on shortest paths to a convex curve on the polyhedron. Our “sun unfoldings” encompass source unfolding from a point, source unfolding from an open geodesic curve, and a variant of a recent method of Itoh, O’Rourke, and Vîlcu.
KeywordsShort Path Line Segment Negative Curvature Convex Polyhedron Convex Curve
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Demaine, E.D., O’Rourke, J.: Geometric Folding Algorithms: Linkages, Origami, Polyhedra. Cambridge University Press (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Itoh, J.-I., O’Rourke, J., Vîlcu, C.: Source unfoldings of convex polyhedra with respect to certain closed polygonal curves. In: Proc. 25th European Workshop Comput. Geom. (EuroCG), pp. 61–64 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.O’Rourke, J., Vîlcu, C.: Conical existence of closed curves on convex polyhedra. CoRR, abs/1102.0823 (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.O’Rourke, J., Vîlcu, C.: Development of curves on polyhedra via conical existence. In: Proc. 23rd Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry (CCCG), pp. 71–76 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.O’Rourke, J.: Unfolding polyhedra (July 2008)Google Scholar