Analysis of Chosen Aspects of a Two-Car Crash Simulation
The article presents a computer simulation of vehicle collision using the PC-Crash 8.0 software. The simulation results were compared to analytical calculations by the Routh method with the use of the coefficient of restitution for deformations or velocities. Calculations were prepared based on the crash theory. Both the stiffness based and the use mesh based model of a crash was considered. However, the use mesh based model was used, because the stiffness of car bodies in both models was not known.
The analysis concerning the chosen aspects of the consequences of car crash was made, mainly due to the change of both the mass – inertia parameters in the car body and its stiffness. The given simulation was conducted several times in order to specify the change in the after crash values.
Keywordsroad accident analysis simulation car crash
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Reimpell, J.: Podwozia samochodów. WKŁ, Warszawa (2004) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 2.Wicher, J., Stawicki, R.: Modelowanie zderzenia samochodów. Zeszyty Naukowe Instytutu Pojazdów, PW, SIMR 1(31) (1999) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 3.PC-Crash a simulation program for vehicle accidents, Operating Manual, Version 8.0, Dr Steffan Datentechnik, Linz, Austria (2006) Google Scholar
- 4.Gryboś, R.: Teoria uderzenia w dyskretnych układach mechanicznych. PWN, Warszawa (1969) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 5.Zalewski, J.: Modelowanie wpływu zaburzeń geometrii nadwozia na stateczność ruchu pojazdu samochodowego. Doctoral Thesis, Warszawa (2011) (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, M.: Vehicle crash mechanics. Hardbound (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Osiński, Z.: Mechanika ogólna. PWN, Warszawa (2000) (in Polish)Google Scholar