Identification of Leakages in the Inlet System of an Internal Combustion Engine with the Use of Wigner-Ville Transform and RBF Neural Networks
In recent years the number of vehicles using the roads all over the world has been constantly increasing. A continuous progress in the field of new technologies causes that they become cheaper and cheaper to manufacture and at the same time more accessible. In order to balance the positive and negative effects of motorisation development, world organisations introduce stricter and stricter regulations concerning the safety and the natural environment protection. Each car produced now is equipped with an on-board diagnostic system OBD. Such systems serve to assess the efficiency of the basic elements in a vehicle. The article attempts to determine the lacks of tightness in the inlet system of the internal combustion engine on the basis of vibration effects emitted by the engine. On the basis of a model prepared with the use of Wigner-Ville transform a series of experiments has been conducted to achieve a design of a properly functioning neural classifier which may extend the operation of an OBD system.
Keywordsinternal combustion engines artificial neural networks diagnostics On-Board Diagnostics OBD
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Czech, P., Łazarz, B., Wojnar, G.: Detection of local defects of gear teeth using artificial neural networks and genetic algorithms. ITE, Radom (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Grega, R., Krajňák, J., Kaššay, P.: Impact of pneumatic flexible coupling on effective vibration value within the mechanical systems. Transactions of the Universities of Košice 3 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Heywood, J.B.: Internal combustion engines fundamentals. McGraw Hill Inc. (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.Homišin, J.: Tuning methods of mechanical systems by means of torsional oscillation tuner application. Pneumatyka 61(6) (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Kneba, Z., Makowski, S.: Power supply and steering of the engines. WKiŁ, Warsaw (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Madej, H.: Diagnosing the mechanical defects in internal combustion engines masked by electronic steering devices. ITeE, Radom (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Merkisz, J., Mazurek, S.: On-board diagnostics OBD in an automotive context. WKŁ, Warsaw (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Osowski, S.: Neural networks for information processing. House of University of Technology in Warsaw (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Tadeusiewicz, R., Lula, P.: Introduction to neural networks. StatSoft, Cracow (2001)Google Scholar
- 12.Wajand, J.A.: Piston internal combustion engines of average rotational speed and high-speed. WNT, Warsaw (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Wendeker, M.: Steering of ignition in car engine. On-board diagnostic systems of car vehicles. Lublin (1999)Google Scholar