Marine Integrated Navigational Decision Support System
The article presents a concept of an integrated navigational decision support system for vessel traffic control. The system is based on a joint platform for decision support systems on land and ships. The platform construction is recommended to be based on the shipboard navigational decision support system. The necessary scope of work to build such system is defined. The proposed integrated decision support system NAVDEC fits such concepts as e-navigation, e-maritime and intelligent marine transport systems that reflect global trends in the development of navigational systems, widely using modern information communication technologies.
Keywordssea transport navigation decision support system
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.COLREGs: Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, International Maritime Organization (1972)Google Scholar
- 3.European Commission (EC) Communication:Strategic goals and recommendations for the EU’s maritime transport policy until 2018, COM, 8 (2009), http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=COM:2009:0400:FIN:en:PDF
- 4.IMO, NAV 53/13. Development of an E-Navigation Strategy. Report of the Correspondence Group on e-navigation, submitted by the United Kingdom. Sub-Committee on Safety of Navigation, International Maritime Organization, London (April 20, 2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Magaj, J., Wołejsza, P.: Algorithm of working out anticollision manoeuvre by decision-supporting system. Polish Journal of Environmental Studies 17(4C), 14–18 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Pietrzykowski, Z.: Modeling of decision processes in sea-going ship movement control, Maritime University of Szczecin, Series Study No 43, Szczecin (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Pietrzykowski, Z.: Ship’s fuzzy domain – a criterion for navigational safety in narrow fairways. The Journal of Navigation (61), 501–514 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Pietrzykowski, Z., et al.: Navigational decision support system for sea-going ships. Maritime University of Szczecin, Szczecin (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Pietrzykowski, Z., Borkowski, P., Wołejsza, P.: NAVDEC – navigational decision suport system on a sea-going vessel. In: 7th Explo-Ship International Conference, Świnoujście (2012)Google Scholar