Can the Increasing of Energy Consumption of Information Interchange Be a Factor That Reduces the Total Energy Consumption of a Logistic Warehouse System?
The studying of relationships between subsystems, creating a logistic warehouse system, is one of the most interesting issues in terms of designing and optimization of logistic warehouse systems. It is important to use of these relationships in practice. The authors propose to assume the energy consumption of the system (which was calculated according to the described model), as an index that allows to compare individual options. Thanks to this model it is possible to match the system of information interchange to the given equipment, and vice versa. Three warehouse options were analyzed from the given warehouse system point of view. Three options of a warehouse system of information interchange were tested from the given warehouse equipment point of view.
Keywordsoptimization of logistics system energy consumption bar codes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bartoldi, J.J., Platzman, L.K.: An O(nlogn) planar travelling salesman heuristic based on spacefilling curves. Operations Research Letters (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Bozer, Y.A., Schorn, E.C., Sharp, G.P.: Geometric approaches to solve the Chebyshev salesman problem. IIE Trans. (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Gudehus, T.: Principles of order picking: operations in distribution and warehousing systems. Essen-Germany (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Hwang, H., Moon, S., Gen, M.: An integrated model for the design of end-of-aisle order picking system and the determination of unit load sizes of AGVs. Comput. Ind. Eng. (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Kwaśniowski, S., Zając, P.: The Automatic Identification in Logistics Systems. Publishing house of Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Kwaśniowski, S., Nowakowski, T., Zając, M.: Intermodal Transport in Logistics Networks. Publishing house of Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Makris, P.A., Giakoumakis, I.G.: Interchange heuristic as an optimization procedure for material handling applications (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Munzebrock, A., Persico, G.: Regalbedingeraete: Optimierung der Antriebssteuerung. F-H Foerdern Heben (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.Rouwenhorst, B., Reuter, B., Stockrahm, V., van Houtum, G.J., Mantel, R.J., Zijm, W.H.M.: Warehouse design and control: framework and literature review. Eur. J. Operat. Res. (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Zając, P.: Electronic Data Interchange in Logistics Systems. Publishing house of Wroclaw University of Technology, Wroclaw (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Zając, P.: Transport and storage system optimization in terms of energy. Research brochures of the Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Zając, P.: Concept of model of estimate of - store house system transport. Total Logistic Management, Gliwice (2009)Google Scholar