Stochastic Model of Interaction between Botnets and Distributed Computer Defense Systems
- 1.7k Downloads
Nowadays one of the main means for computer attack organization are botnets. One of botnets’ goals is to break computer defense system and the goal of defense system is to neutralize botnets, staying resistant to its targeted attacks. There is lack of efficiency evaluation methods and models, which allow to compare how sustainable is defense system to targeted botnet attacks and vice versa. Proposed model allows to predict the result of interaction between botnet and defense system and can be used as base for building efficient distributed defense system, capable of protecting itself from botnet attacks.
Keywordsbotnet distributed defense system efficiency evaluation sustainability random graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dagon, D., Gu, G., Zou, C., Grizzard, J., Dwivedi, S., Lee, W., Lipton, R.: A Taxonomy of Botnet Structures. Botnet Detection 36 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Kotenko, I., Konovalov, A., Shorov, A.: Agent-based Modeling and Simulation of Botnets and Botnet Defense. Conference on Cyber Conflict, pp. 21–24. CCD COE Publications, Tallinn, Estonia (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Li, Z., Liao, Q., Striegel, A.: Botnet Economics: Uncertainty Matters. In: The 7th Workshop on the Economics of Information Security (2008) Google Scholar
- 5.Namestnikov, Y.: The Economics of Botnets, http://www.viruslist.com/en/downloads/pdf/ynambotnets0907en.pdf
- 6.Bellaıche, M., Gregoire, J.C.: Measuring Defense Systems Against Flooding Attacks. In: International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference IWCMC 2008, pp. 600–605 (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, Z., Dong, H., Liang, Y., McKay, R.I.: A Chromosome-based Evaluation Model for Computer Defense Immune Systems. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, Canberra, Australia, pp. 1363–1369 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Dagon, D., Gu, G., Zou, C., Grizzard, J., Dwivedi, S., Lee, W., Lipton, R.: A Taxonomy of Botnets (2010) Google Scholar
- 9.Erdos, P., Renyi, A.: On random graphs. Publ. Math. Debrecen (1959) Google Scholar
- 10.Raygorodskyi, A.M.: Random Graph Models. In: MIPT Proceedings, T. 2, №4 (8), pp. 130-140 (2010)Google Scholar