Modelling of Safety-Related Timing Constraints for Automotive Embedded Systems
Timing and functional safety are important aspects when developing automotive embedded systems. The two aspects have however mostly been studied as separate aspects, up to now. This paper presents an investigation of safety-related timing constraints within the functional safety standard ISO 26262. Although the standard defines several such timing constraints it also leaves room for interpretation, which is discussed in the paper. Clear interpretations are needed to support current trends towards model-based development. A few extensions are proposed to the state-of-the-art modelling languages EAST-ADL and TADL to specify the timing constraints.
KeywordsAutomotive embedded systems fault/failure modelling functional safety ISO 26262 timing EAST-ADL
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.AUTOSAR, http://www.autosar.org
- 2.Heinecke, H., Schnelle, K.-P., Fennel, H., Bortolazzi, J., Lundh, L., Leflour, J., et al.: AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture - An industry-wide initiative to manage the complexity of emerging automotive E/E-architectures. In: Proc. Convergence Int. Congress & Exposition on Transportation Electronics, Detroit, MI, USA (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Cuenot, P., Frey, P., Johansson, R., Lönn, H., Papadopoulos, Y., Reiser, M.-O., et al.: The EAST-ADL Architecture Description Language for Automotive Embedded Software. In: Giese, H., Karsai, G., Lee, E., Rumpe, B., Schätz, B. (eds.) MBEERTS. LNCS, vol. 6100, pp. 297–307. Springer, Heidelberg (2010) CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.ISO 26262, Road vehicles – Functional safety, Part 1-9, 1st edn. International Organization for Standardization (November 2011) Google Scholar
- 5.ISO/FDIS 26262-10, Road vehicles – Functional safety – Part 10: Guideline on ISO 26262, International Organization for Standardization (March 2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Blom, H., Johansson, R., Lönn, H.: Annotation with timing constraints in the context of EAST-ADL2 and AUTOSAR – the timing augmented description language. In: Proc. Workshop on the Definition, Evaluation, and Exploitation of Modelling and Computing Standards for Real-Time Embedded Systems, Dublin, Ireland, pp. 2–5 (June 2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Peraldi-Frati, M.-A., Blom, H., Karlsson, D., Kuntz, S.: Timing modeling with AUTOSAR - Current state and future directions. In: Proc. Design, Automation & Test in Europe, Dresden, Germany, pp. 805–809 (March 2012)Google Scholar