Enhancing Trust-Based Competitive Multi Agent Systems by Certified Reputation
In the past, the experience of the ART community highlighted that, in absence of information about the quality of the recommendation providers, it is better to exploit only the direct knowledge about the environment (i.e., a reliability measure), missing the reputation measure. However, when the size of the agent space becomes large enough and the number of “expert” agents to contact is small, the use of just the reliability is little effective. Unfortunately, the largeness of the agent space makes the problem of the trustworthiness of recommendations very critical, so that the combination of reliability and reputation is not a trivial task. In this paper, we deal with the above problem by studying how the introduction of the notion of certified reputation, and its exploitation to combine reputation and reliability, can improve the performance of an agent in a competitive MAS context. We analyze different populations, using the standard platform ART, highlighting a significant positive impact and providing very interesting results.
KeywordsMultiagent System Security Level Security Protocol Reputation System Reputation Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ART-Testbed (2011), http://megatron.iiia.csic.es/art-testbed
- 3.Gomez, M., Sabater-Mir, J., Carbo, J., Muller, G.: Improving the art testbed, thoughts and reflections. In: Proceedings of the Workshop on Competitive Agents in the Agent Reputation and Trust Testbed at CAEPIA-2007, Salamanca, Spain, pp. 1–15. Citeseer (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Huynh, T.D., Jennings, N.R., Shadbolt, N.R.: Certified reputation: how an agent can trust a stranger. In: Proceedings of the Fifth International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, pp. 1217–1224. ACM (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Jøsang, A., Golbeck, J.: Challenges for robust trust and reputation systems. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Security and Trust Management (SMT 2009), Saint Malo, France (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Massa, P.: A survey of trust use and modeling in current real systems. In: Trust in E-services: Technologies, Practices and Challenges. Idea Group, Inc. (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Muñoz, V., Murillo, J.: Agent uno: Winner in the 2nd spanish art competition. Inteligencia Artificial. Revista Iberoamericana de Inteligencia Artificial (39), 19–27 (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Rosaci, D.: Trust measures for competitive agents. Knowledge-Based Systems (2011)Google Scholar
- 11.Teacy, W.T.L., Huynh, T.D., Dash, R.K., Jennings, N.R., Luck, M., Patel, J.: The art of iam: The winning strategy for the 2006 competition (2007)Google Scholar