A Novel Framework of Motion Error Evaluation and Correction for Monocular Microscopic Visual System
Monocular microscopic visual system (MMVS) is generally applied in micro manipulation and 3D measurement of micro objects. However, motion errors inevitably influence the precision of 3D reconstruction of micro object in MMVS. This paper presents a novel framework of error evaluation and correction for the rotational motion to improve the measurement accuracy of MMVS. Firstly, both geometric model of single axis rotation and imaging model are built to obtain the ideal rotational motion trajectories of tracked points. Secondly, the rotational motion errors is accurately evaluated by trajectory tracking. Finally, error correction model is used to compensate the displacement error in each frame from the motion video acquired by our system. The experimental results indicate that the proposed calculating framework effectively reduces 76% of the motion errors.
Keywordsmonocular microscopic visual system error evaluation trajectory tracking rotational motion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wang, L., Chu, J., Liu, C., Luo, Y.: New developments on Micro-nano Manufacture Technology in China. Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 44(11), 1–12 (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Brandt, S.S.: Motion Without Correspondence from Tomographic Projections by Bayesian Inversion Theory. In: Proceedings of the 2004 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol. 1, pp. I-582–I-587 (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Huang, H.-P., Hsiad, F.-J.: 3D Image Reconstruction and Application for Micro-manipulation Systems. In: Proceedings of 2004 IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, vol. 4, pp. 4032–4037 (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Wang, Y.-Z.: New distortion correction model for micro-stereovision based on stereo-light microscope. Opto-Electronic Engineering (2005) 2006 1003-501X 06-0072-04Google Scholar
- 11.Koks, D.: Explorations in Mathematical Physics. Springer (2006)Google Scholar
- 13.Lin, H.-Y., Subbarao, M.: A Vision System for Fast 3D Model Reconstruction. In: IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, vol. 2, pp. 663–668 (2001)Google Scholar