Learning the Three Factors of a Non-overlapping Multi-camera Network Topology
In this paper, we propose an unsupervised approach for learning the three factors of the topology of a non-overlapping multi-camera network, which are nodes, links, and transition time distributions. It is a cross-correlation based method. Different from previous methods, the proposed method can deal with large amounts of data without considering the size of time window. The connectivity between nodes is estimated based on the N-neighbor accumulated cross-correlations, as well as the transition time distribution for each link. Furthermore, integrated with similarity cues, the proposed method can be extended into weighted cross-correlation models for better performance. Experimental results both on simulated and real-life datasets demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsTopology recovering Transition time distribution Camera network Non-overlapping views
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ellis, T.J., Makris, D., Black, J.K.: Learning a Multi-camera Topology. In: Joint IEEE Workshop on Visual Surveillance and Performance Evaluation of Tracking and Surveillance (VS-PETS), pp. 165–171 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Cai, Y., Huang, K., Tan, T., Pietikäinen, M.: Recovering the Topology of Multiple Cameras by Finding Continuous Paths in a Trellis. In: ICPR, pp. 3541–3544 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Niu, C., Grimson, E.: Recovering Non-overlapping Network Topology using Far-field Vehicle Tracking Data. In: ICPR, pp. 944–949 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Javed, O., Rasheed, Z., Shafique, K., Shah, M.: Tracking across Multiple Cameras with Disjoint Views. In: ICCV, pp. 952–957 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Tieu, K., Dalley, G., Grimson, W.E.L.: Inference of Non-overlapping Camera Network Topology by Measuring Statistical Dependence. In: ICCV, pp. 1842–1849 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Nam, Y., Ryu, J., Choi, Y., Cho, W.: Learning Spatio-temporal Topology of a Multi-camera Network by Tracking Multiple People. Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology 24, 175–180 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Makris, D., Ellis, T., Black, J.: Bridging the Gaps between Cameras. In: CVPR, vol. 2, pp. 205–210 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Zou, X., Bhanu, B., Roy-Chowdhury, A.: Continuous Learning of a Multilayered Network Topology in a Video Camera Network. EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing (2009)Google Scholar