An Automatic Evaluation of Construction Geometry Assignments
A new method for evaluating assignments on constructions in geometry is proposed. Instead of comparing drawn objects and their parameters, a process of construction is evaluated as a procedure of getting from the given input to the required output. The method was implemented and used by approximately 10 teachers and 300 students of secondary schools with positive results.
Keywordsconstruction geometry task evaluation GeoGebra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.GeoGebra, http://www.geogebra.org
- 2.Hohenwarter, J., Hohenwarter, M., Lavicza, Z.: Introducing Dynamic Mathematics Software to Secondary School Teachers: the Case of GeoGebra. Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching 28(2), 135–146 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Kreis, Y., Dording, C., Keller, U., Porro, V., Jadoul, R.: Dynamic mathematics and computer-assisted testing: GeoGebra inside TAO. ZDM The International Journal on Mathematics Education 43(3), 1–10 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.GeoTest, http://geotest.geometry.cz
- 5.Gergelitsová, Š., Holan, T.: Úlohy z planimetrie…teacher-friendly! In: Proceedings of the 31st Conference on Geometry and Graphics, pp. 95–102. VŠB – TU Ostrava, Ostrava (2011)Google Scholar