Accuracy Assessment of the ITRS 2008 Realization of DGFI: DTRF2008
The DTRF2008 is a realization of the ITRS computed by the ITRS Combination Centre at DGFI. It is based on the same input data as the ITRF2008. In order to assess the internal and external accuracy of DTRF2008 several validation procedures are applied which are based on comparisons with technique-only multi-year solutions (for assessing the internal accuracy) and comparisons with ITRF2008 and ITRF2005 (for assessing the external accuracy). The analysis is done separately for the four space-geodetic techniques GPS, VLBI, SLR and DORIS. The internal accuracy for station positions is between 0.6 and 3.3mm and the external accuracy between 7 and 10mm depending on the space technique. For the velocities the internal accuracy is between 0.25 and 1.0mm/a and the external between 0.2 and 2.0mm/a.
KeywordsInternational terrestrial reference frame ITRF2008 DTRF2008 Combination GPS SLR VLBI DORIS Datum parameters
- Altamimi Z, Collilieux X, Legrand J, Garayt B, Boucher C (2007) ITRF2005: a new release of the international terrestrial reference frame based on time series of station positions and Earth orientation parameters. J Geophys Res 112(B09401)Google Scholar
- Ferland R (2006) Proposed IGS05 realization, IGS Mail 5447Google Scholar
- Gerstl M, Kelm R, Müller H, Ehrnsperger W (2000) DOGSCS Kombination und Lösung großer Gleichungs-systeme. Manual VIII für DOGS version 4.05. Internal report. DGFI, MunichGoogle Scholar
- IERS (2004) IERS conventions 2003. In: Mc Carthy D, Petit G (eds). IERS TN 32, Frankfurt/MainGoogle Scholar
- Seitz M, Angermann D, Bloßfeld M, Drewes H, Gerstl M (2012) The 2008 DGFI realization of the ITRS: DTRF2008. J Geod DOI: 10.1007/s00190-012-0567-2