Backpropagation Neural Network Applications for a Welding Process Control Problem
The aim of this study is to develop predictive Artificial Neural Network (ANN) models for welding process control of a strategic product (155 mm. artillery ammunition) in armed forces’ inventories. The critical process about the production of product is the welding process. In this process, a rotating band is welded to the body of ammunition. This is a multi-input, multi-output process. In order to tackle problems in the welding process 2 different ANN models have been developed in this study. Model 1 is a Backpropagation Neural Network (BPNN) application used for classification of defective and defect-free products. Model 2 is a reverse BPNN application used for predicting input parameters given output values. In addition, with the help of models developed mean values of best values of some input parameters are found for a defect-free weld operation.
KeywordsBackpropagation neural networks welding process control artillery ammunition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Öztemel, E.: Yapay Sinir Ağları, İstanbul; Papatya Yayıncılık (2006) Google Scholar
- 14.Su, T., Jhang, J., Hou, C.: A Hybrid Artificial Neural Network and Particle Swarm Optimization for Function Approximation. International Journal of Innovative Computing 4(9) (2008)Google Scholar
- 15.Russell, S., Norvig, P.: Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, 2nd edn. P. Hall, Inc. (2003)Google Scholar
- 19.Hardalac, F., Barisci, N., Ergun, U.: Classification of aorta insufficiency and stenosis using MLP neural network and neuro-fuzzy system. Physica Medica XX(4) (2004)Google Scholar
- 20.Fausett, L.: Fundamentals of neural Networks, architectures, algorithms and applications. Prentice Hall (1994) ISBN: 0-13-334186-0 Google Scholar