Faster Computation of Non-zero Invariants from Graph Based Method
This paper presents a study of geometric moment invariants generated from graph based algorithms. One of the main problems addressed was that the algorithms produced too many graphs that resulted in zero moment invariants. Hence, we propose an algorithm to determine zero moment invariant generating graphs. Induction proof of the steps involved in the algorithm has also been presented with suitable example graphs. It has been found and illustrated with examples that the computational time for identifying non-zero invariants could be largely reduced with the help of our proposed algorithm.
Keywordscomputational complexity geometric moments image transforms orthogonal moments moment invariants
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Dai, X.B., Zhang, H., Shu, H.Z., Luo, L.M.: Image Recognition by Combined Invariants of Legendre Moment. In: Proc. IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation, pp. 1793–1798 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Flusser, J., Suk, T., Zitová, B.: Moments and Moment Invariants in Pattern Recognition © 2009. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd (2009) ISBN: 978-0-470-69987-4Google Scholar
- 3.Mukundan, R., Ramakrishnan, K.R.: Moment Functions in Image Analysis: Theory and Applications, p. 9Google Scholar
- 5.Sivaramakrishna, R., Shashidhar, N.S.: Hu’s Moment Invariants: How Invariant are They under Skew and Perspective Transformations? In: Proc. WESCANEX 1997: Communications, Power and Computing Conference, Winnipeg, Man, Canada, pp. 292–295 (1997)Google Scholar
- 8.Suk, T., Flusser, J.: Affine Moment Invariants Generated by Automated Solution of the Equations. In: 19th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, ICPR 2008, pp. 1–4 (2008), doi: 10.1109/ICPR.2008.4761221Google Scholar
- 11.Mu, H.B., Qi, D.W.: Pattern Recognition of Wood Defects Types Based on Hu Invariant Moments. In: 2nd International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, CISP 2009, Tianjin, pp. 1–5 (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Zunic, J., Hirota, K., Rosin, P.L.: A Hu Moment Invariant as a Shape Circularitymeasure. Pattern Recognition, 47–57 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Sheela, S.V., Vijaya, P.A.: Non-linear Classification for Iris patterns. In: Proc. Multimedia Computing and Systems (ICMCS), 2011 International Conference Ouarzazate, Morocco, pp. 1–5 (2011)Google Scholar