New Product Selection Using Fuzzy Linear Programming and Fuzzy Monte Carlo Simulation
Investment decisions are important due to their critical role in organizations’ success. Sometimes, especially in uncertain conditions the results obtained from traditional analysis techniques can be different from the real world results. Due to this fact the techniques that take uncertainty into account are preferred in investment analysis to aware of the effect of an uncertain environment. In this paper, fuzzy Monte Carlo simulation method is used to determine the best investment strategy on new product selection for an organization in the condition when the fuzzy net present value is not the only point of concern for decision making.
KeywordsFuzzy Monte Carlo Simulation Method Capital Budgeting Linear Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Klir, G.J., Yuan, B.: Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic_Theory and Applications. Prentice Hall PTR (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Hanns, M.: Applied Fuzzy Arithmetics_An Introduction with Engineering Applications. Springer, Netherlands (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Canada, J.R., White, J.A.: Capital investment decision analysis for management and engineering. Prentice-Hall, USA (1980)Google Scholar
- 13.Ngan, S.C.: Decision making with extended fuzzy linguistic computing, with applications to new product development and survey analysis. Expert Systems with Applications 38, 14052–14059 (2011)Google Scholar
- 17.Park, H.J., Um, J.G., Woo, I., Kim, J.W.: Application of fuzzy set theory to evaluate the probability of failure in rock slopes. Engineering Geology (2011) (in press)Google Scholar