End-of-Life Tyres Recovery Method Selection in Turkey by Using Fuzzy Extended AHP
This study focuses on ‘Tyres and Tyre related wastes’. End of Life Tyres (ELT) are detected according to waste and waste disposal regulations. Many studies have been conducted in different countries in order to determine the most suitable ELT recovery method. The results vary depending on economical, social and legislative conditions of the country. This research includes a survey on global ELT engendering, ELT disposal methods then focuses on the situation in Turkey. Its aim is to make an ELT disposal method selection for Turkey, considering current conditions. Considering the lack of quantitative data and the presence of qualitative perspectives, the selection has been made using a Multi Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) tool named Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). To handle the imprecise nature of the expert judgments, this study proposes the fuzzy extended AHP as selection method.
KeywordsEnd-of-Life Tyres (ELT) Mechanical Pulverization Waste to Energy Process Pyrolysis Fuzzy Triangular Numbers Fuzzy Extended AHP
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shulman, V.L.: Tyre Recycling, Shrewsbury, Rapra Technology, UK (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Republic of Turkey Ministry of Environment and Forestry: ELT Safe Disposal Regulations (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Sharma, V.K., Mincarini, M., Fortuna, F., Cognini, F., Cornacchia, G.: Disposal of waste tyres for energy recovery and safe environment-review. Energy Convers 39(3/4), 511–528 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.European Tyre Recycling association (2011), http://www.etra-eu.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=76&Itemid=61
- 8.Ferrer, G.: The economics of tire remanufacturing, resources, conservation and recycling, vol. 19, pp. 221–255 (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Tyre Manufacturers Association, LASDER (2011), http://www.lasder.org.tr/anasayfa.aspx?MenuID=1
- 10.European Tyre Recycling association (1999), http://www.etra-eu.org
- 11.Snow, M., Lopez, K.: Pyrolysis transformation of organic wastes-Result of full-scale trial demonstrations, the Governement of Canada, The Government of Mexico. SIMEKEN Inc. (2004)Google Scholar