Coherence for Uncertainty Measures Given through ⊕-Basic Assignments Ruled by General Operations
In order to deal with partial assessments and their extensions, we give a characterization of some measures (such as capacities, belief functions, possibilities) in terms of basic assignments ruled by a general operation ⊕. The notion of coherence introduced by de Finetti in the probabilistic setting is generalized to non additive measures and we study the upper and lower envelopes of all possible extensions.
KeywordsDecomposable measures basic assignment coherence lower and upper envelopes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Coletti, G., Scozzafava, R., Vantaggi, B.: Possibility measures through a probabilistic inferential process. In: Proc. Int. Conf. of NAFIPS. IEEE CN: CFP08750-CDR Omnipress, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 7.Coletti, G., Scozzafava, R., Vantaggi, B.: Inferential processes leading to possibility and necessity. Submitted to Information SciencesGoogle Scholar
- 12.de Cooman, G., Troffaes, M., Miranda, E.: n-monotone lower previsions. J. of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems 16(4), 253–263 (2005)Google Scholar
- 13.Denneberg, D.: Non-Additive Measure and Integral. Kluwer, Berlin (1997)Google Scholar
- 16.Halpern, J.: Reasoning about uncertainty. The MIT Press (2003)Google Scholar