Energy Efficient k-Anycast Routing in Multi-sink Wireless Networks with Guaranteed Delivery
In k-anycasting, a sensor wants to report event information to any k sinks in the network. This is important to gain in reliability and efficiency in wireless sensor and actor networks. In this paper, we describe KanGuRou, the first position-based energy efficient k-anycast routing which guarantees the packet delivery to k sinks as long as the connected component that contains s also contains sufficient number of sinks. A node s running KanGuRou first computes a tree including k sinks among the M available ones, with weight as low as possible. If this tree has m ≥ 1 edges originated at node s, s duplicates the message m times and runs m times KanGuRou over a subset of defined sinks. Simulation results show that KanGuRou allows up to 62% of energy saving compared to plain anycasting.
KeywordsSensor Network Wireless Sensor Network Mobile Agent Current Node Recovery Mode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Wu, B., Wu, J.: k-anycast routing schemes for mobile ad hoc networks. In: IPDPS (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Elhafsi, E.H., Mitton, N., Simplot-Ryl, D.: Energy Efficient Geographic Path Discovery With Guaranteed Delivery in Ad hoc and Sensor Networks. In: IEEE PIMRC (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Frey, H., Ingelrest, F., Simplot-Ryl, D.: Localized mst based multicast routing with energy-efficient guaranteed delivery in sensor networks. In: WOWMOM (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Mitton, N., Simplot-Ryl, D., Stojmenovic, I.: Guaranteed delivery for geographical anycasting in wireless multi-sink sensor and sensor-actor networks. In: IEEE INFOCOM (2009) (short paper)Google Scholar
- 6.Prim, R.C.: Shortest connection networks and some generalizations. Bell System Technical Journal 36, 1389–1401 (1957)Google Scholar
- 7.Rodoplu, V., Meng, T.: Minimizing energy mobile wireless networks. IEEE JSAC 17, 1333–1347 (1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, W., Li, X.Y., Frieder, O.: k-anycast game in selfish networks. In: ICCCN (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, B., Wu, J.: k-anycast routing schemes for mobile ad hoc networks. In: IPDPS (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Xu, X., Gu, Y.-L., Du, J., Qian, H.-Y.: A distributed k-anycast routing proto col based on mobile agents. In: WiCOM (2009)Google Scholar