Impact of Different Content Placement and Delivery Strategies on Content Delivery Capacity of the Wireless Mesh Networks
Wireless mesh networks are introduced as a way for providing cheap, easily deployable and maintainable access to core network’s services. The content delivery capacity of these networks directly depends on the number of installed wireless mesh network gateways. In this paper, we present analysis of impact of content placement on nodes of wireless mesh network on the total streaming capacity of that network. Our analysis shows that network’s streaming capacity, with respect to given topology and cached content, can be equally increased with content placement on access points of the network, as it would be increased with installation of additional gateways.
Keywordswireless mesh network content delivery network content placement total streaming capacity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Future Media Internet Research Challenges and the Road Ahead. Whitepaper of Future Media Internet-Task Force (April 2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Khan Pathan, A.M., Buyya, R.: A Taxonomy and Survey of Content Delivery Networks. Technical Report GRIDS-TR, University of Melbourne (April 2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Wu, X., Liu, J., Chen, G.: Analysis of Bottleneck Delay and Throughput in Wireless Mesh Networks. IEEE Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems, 765–770 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Dogar, F., Phanishayee, A., Pucha, H., Ruwase, O., Andresen, D.: Ditto- A System for opportunistic Caching in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks. In: Proceedings of the 14th ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom 2008). ACM, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Coppens, J., Wauters, T., De Turck, F., Dhoedt, B., Demeester, P.: Design and Performance of a Self-Organizing Adaptive Content Distribution Network. In: 10th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium, Vancouver, pp. 534–545 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.EU grant no. FP7-ICT-216217: Next Generation Peer-to-Peer Content Delivery Platform (P2P-NEXT), http://www.p2p-next.org/ (last visited on February 24, 2012)
- 12.Borcoci, E., Negru, D., Timmerer, C.: A Novel Architecture for Multimedia Distribution Based on Content-Aware Networking. In: 3rd International Conference on Communication Theory, Reliability, and Quality of Service, pp. 162–168 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Boskovic, D., Vakil, F., Dautovic, S., Tosic, M.: Greening of Video Streaming to Mobile Devices by Pervasive Wireless CDN. Journal of Green Engineering (2), 1–27 (2011)Google Scholar